What documents do I need to bring when I file my tax return?

You should be sure to bring all your information slips and receipts with you when you go to file your taxes. Don’t forget those donation receipts! The majority of information slips are sent out before the end of February with the exception of T3 slips, which are not required to be mailed out until the end of March. Therefor is recommended not to file your taxes until the first week of April.

If you filed your taxes early and received a T3 slip or other amendment, you can easily submit a T1 Adjustment Request. The CRA offers a few ways to do this, including online and by mail.

It should be noted that these T1 Adjustment Requests can be filed up to 10 years in the past, but no more.